Begins Thursday, May 2nd 2013
7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
This course is designed for those individuals, whose dogs have already acquired basic obedience skills, who wish to continue training at a higher and more challenging level. Even if AKC competition isn’t your ultimate goal, this course will strengthen the relationship you have with your dog because of the high level of accuracy and attention “competition obedience” requires. Exercises in this course include but are not limited to:
– Heel on Leash and Figure Eight – show whether the dog has learned to watch its handler and adjust its pace to stay with the handler.
– Heel Free – The dog and handler perform a heeling pattern off-leash.
– Stand for Examination – The dog must stay in a standing position as its handler walks a short distance away. A friendly stranger will then lightly touch the dog on the head, the body and the hindquarters. The handler then returns to the dog.
– Recall – Demonstrates that the dog will come to the handler on command
– Long Sit (1 minute) – The dog must remain sitting in the presence of other dogs while the handler stands across the room.
– Long Down (3 minutes) – dog must remain in a down position in the presence of other dogs while the handler stands across the room.
Upon completion of this course we welcome you to join us in competition with our dogs! It’s so much more fun than you think!
Location: University of Miami
1359 Campo Sano Avenue
Coral Gables, Florida 33146
(This address is a reference point for a parking lot entrance where class is held)
Instructor: Dee Hoult, MBA, CPDT, CTDI
Enroll now and tell all your friends! 🙂